Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 76

Thread: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

  1. #28

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    The problem is - all you need is one time where the coach, who isn't a trained medical professional, forces someone with a head injury back onto the mat..
    Like anyone has ever died from a head injury!? Psh...
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  2. #29

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Quote Originally Posted by dback_5 View Post
    Did Baels feelings get hurt because hes not 40 yet? So, he isnt a man?
    No more of this..

  3. #30

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Schlottke: Sure, a coach can't do what you've described in your particular scenario. But I'm not talking about "forcing" here. Just a simple "If you are hurt - OK lets get the trainer here, but if you aren't - get your butt back out there. I saw John Smith do it, and I respect that. In this case, PSU had the trainer out there, just standing, with nothing to do because there was not a medical issue.. It was clearly over the line.

  4. #31

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    I commend JRob for his part in this. It is for the good of the sport for him to stand up against blatant cheating by the Penn St wrestler and coaching staff.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  5. #32

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Schlottke: Sure, a coach can't do what you've described in your particular scenario. But I'm not talking about "forcing" here. Just a simple "If you are hurt - OK lets get the trainer here, but if you aren't - get your butt back out there. I saw John Smith do it, and I respect that. In this case, PSU had the trainer out there, just standing, with nothing to do because there was not a medical issue.. It was clearly over the line.
    Fair enough, I didn't see it.

    He still openly attacked Sanderson in public rather than calling him. Has Sanderson been confronted with this in the past and done the same? If not - its a learning experience and J would have been better to handle it privately... to teach the young coach something rather than just assuming foul play on his part.

  6. #33

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    I disagree Schlottke. I think you call him out publicly so everyone else is aware of the situation and it embarrasses the young coach a little bit. Sort of a welcome to the big show from one of the best. This way you can be sure that Cael never lets it happen again since he won't want to get the reputation of being the coach that lets his guys take lungers. I think few coaches have the credentials to do it this way, but JRob is definately one of them.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  7. #34

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Because Sanderson shouldn't be expected to push the kid back out onto the mat when he takes an injury timeout.. no matter what. He has no idea what the injury *might* be..
    I don't think Sanderson should have pushed him back out there. I also don't think JRob should have been disciplined for what he said. Neither coach did anything wrong in my eyes. I think Molinero is the one who "used" the system. But I'm not judging him either. I think a reprimand for anyone was a bit dumb.

  8. #35

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    I can't believe this is the issue in question from this dual when, in the David Taylor match, the "homer ref" (from Apple Valley) who clearly saw Mincey (also from Apple Valley) grab the mat ... right in front of the Minnesota bench ... lie to Cael, to his face.

    The two commentators commented on it as it happened, then BTN showed a close-up from better angle and you can clearly see the ref change his attention from the boundary to the mat grab ... especially when he reacts to it physically ("like: "Damn, why did I see that, now I have to rule on it, Agh!")

  9. #36
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: JROB reprimanded by Big 10

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Like I said, I have not loyalty to anyone involved. But you are going to have to tell me what was wrong with the manner he did it with. Was it just because it was public? If that is the rub, then I don't agree. He seemed a bit disgusted but didn't say anything inappropriate. He just sounded like he disagreed with the coaching style of PSU, to me.
    I am just commenting on what the B10 did & how I think that they were looking at JRob's comments. Questioning someone's integrity I would say is a personal attack as opposed to making an analytical comment upon a situation that a person thought was wrong. If you watch the BTN they have an entire campaign running all FB season about SPORTSMANSHIP. I am sure they felt that JRob undermined that.

    Of course there are a number of reasons in a layer of motivations, one could deduce from JRob's comment. To me there is an underlying implication that he feels PSU cheated & thusly cost him a victory. As I have said before, in that dual there were numerous moments in every single match, where one team could have won the dual over the other with just one more individual point & team point.

    And Jake has a good point about what would happen if a coach pushed a kid back out on the mat too soon.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •