Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 154 to 162 of 211
Discuss #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Snackem I think that this could be a really good thing for ...
  1. #154
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    I think that this could be a really good thing for wrestling as a whole.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Regardless of the outcome, Wrestling needs this kind of excitment, this level of wrestling, to be exposed in more avenue's than it already is. I mean, if you were to turn on Sportscenter, and see Alton hit that chin wrench, and watch the scrambles between St John and Taylor, McD's Pin...show the crowd go nuts....this is something people could get into. There is a market here, I see it, it's just not being tapped into.

  2. #155
    Olympic Champ Snackem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colfax WA
    Posts
    2,807
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. Regardless of the outcome, Wrestling needs this kind of excitment, this level of wrestling, to be exposed in more avenue's than it already is. I mean, if you were to turn on Sportscenter, and see Alton hit that chin wrench, and watch the scrambles between St John and Taylor, McD's Pin...show the crowd go nuts....this is something people could get into. There is a market here, I see it, it's just not being tapped into.
    It really makes me jealous, I'd love it if Oregon state and BSU would get something like that going but it seems like whenever one of them is up the other is down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  3. #156
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    It really makes me jealous, I'd love it if Oregon state and BSU would get something like that going but it seems like whenever one of them is up the other is down.
    As long as Boise State's mat isn't that Hideous Blue on Blue.

    Programs like BSU and OSU would greatly benefit from this type of exposure. I don't know about Oregan, Washington, or other Western states; but in Pennsylvania, there are about 10 youth tournaments in the state to chose from every weekend. My son and I follow PSU and Lehigh, and it's all he talks about...doing well in school so that he can wrestle for Cael or Santoro. (I'd prefer Lehigh for the academics) . But if this sport were brought into the spotlight more often, more kids would get involved and some of the smaller programs would benefit.

  4. #157
    Olympic Champ Snackem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colfax WA
    Posts
    2,807
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    As long as Boise State's mat isn't that Hideous Blue on Blue.

    Programs like BSU and OSU would greatly benefit from this type of exposure. I don't know about Oregan, Washington, or other Western states; but in Pennsylvania, there are about 10 youth tournaments in the state to chose from every weekend. My son and I follow PSU and Lehigh, and it's all he talks about...doing well in school so that he can wrestle for Cael or Santoro. (I'd prefer Lehigh for the academics) . But if this sport were brought into the spotlight more often, more kids would get involved and some of the smaller programs would benefit.
    We have the same thing here, there is a huge contingent of youth wrestling. Normally 5-10 tournaments each weekend, though the coverage here is pathetic. When Webster from U of O won the national title there was NO mention of it for TWO WEEKS then the paper ran a small article and picture TWO WEEKS LATER after many of us called emailed and wrote letters complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  5. #158
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    That's sad. seriously. Where was Oregan's Presser on that one?

    I am happy to hear that you have the equivalent youth following though. If half of those kids stick with it and make it to Junior high and Varsity level, we'll all be in good shape to combat title IX depletitons.

  6. #159
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    After watching the duel last night...I have one question. If someone can please answer me that would be great. Simple yes or no question.

    Ok...Here we go...

    Was the duel held in the library? Man that place was sooo quiet! I was at the Minny vs Wisc duel and that place was absolutely nuts. There was a small town there. Crowd's do help athletes...i promise...been there. My team this, my team that...CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!! I think its funny that most of the people posting on this thread are Penn Statians...Talking smack on the computer...being quiet...so no one can hear them...Odd.

  7. #160
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Morschman View Post
    After watching the duel last night...I have one question. If someone can please answer me that would be great. Simple yes or no question.

    Ok...Here we go...

    Was the duel held in the library? Man that place was sooo quiet! I was at the Minny vs Wisc duel and that place was absolutely nuts. There was a small town there. Crowd's do help athletes...i promise...been there. My team this, my team that...CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM!! I think its funny that most of the people posting on this thread are Penn Statians...Talking smack on the computer...being quiet...so no one can hear them...Odd.
    The Crowd at PSU is never loud. I always wondered that myself. I go every year to the intersquad meet and it's stone silent. eeerly silent. I was at the Pitt match a few weeks ago and again. Quiet. A few people even tried to start the "WE ARE..." chant but was met with looks.

    Wierd atmosphere to say the least. I can promise you that it's not silent at most High school or tournament events.

  8. #161
    #1 Homer Herkey#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,688

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    An older fanbase is usually a quiet fanbase. A good example is the Oklahoma State fanbase. They are getting plenty old and as a result their fans are much quieter. Could this be the case at Penn St?
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  9. #162
    AA Chop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Garner, IA
    Posts
    502

    Default Re: #1 Penn State v. #6 Iowa Predictions/Discussion

    [QUOTE=Steve Eisenhauer;382697]

    But .... if the ref doesn't ignore/miss the pin at 141, this was a 19-19 tie. So a team with at least two gaping holes in their lineup (125 and 197) and a couple of big questions (165 and 184) wrestles poorly and the result is still one comatose ref away from a tie.

    You sir are why people are pumping their chest over this win. Maybe the white fog in the arena made it impossible to see this match. I have 1 simple question to ask of you. In your opinion was Marion stuck?

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast

user tags

listen to penn state wrestling

iowa penn state wrestling live blog

penn state wrestling forum

Penn State vs Iowa wrestling lineups

wrestling iowa penn state predictions

live penn state wrestling results

psu-iowa wrestling outcome

psu iowa wrestling results

who won the iowa and pen state dual

listen to penn state wrestling live

Penn state Iowa wrestling results

penn state vs iowa wrestling coveragepenn state iowa resultspenn state iowa wrestling lineupsIOWA VS PENN STATE 2011 PICKSiowa vs. penn state wrestling lineupspsu iowa wrestling live blogpenn state vs iowa wrestling 2013 predictionpenn state vs iowa wrestlinglive blog iowa penn st wrestlingpenn state vs iowa wrestling resultsruth v lofthausTom Brands post psu 2011penn state iowa wrestling predictioniowa penn state resultsiowa vs. penn state live wrestling blogpenn state iowa wrestling listeniowa v. penn state wrestling predictionsESPN IOWA VS PENN STATE WRESTLINGiowa vs penn state dual meetiowa penn state wrestling score livepenn state iowa wrestling forumpsuiowa wrestlingpsu vs iowa wrestlingpenn state vs iowa wrestling live blog

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •