Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 28 to 36 of 56
Discuss Mike Zadick Allegedy Caught Poaching at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Schlottke Definitely don't fire the guy over it... he did something stupid ...
  1. #28
    National Finalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    811

    Default Re: Zadick

    Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Definitely don't fire the guy over it... he did something stupid - if he does anything else, boot him. I bet he's smart enough to learn his lesson the first time.
    If it was just him, I'd say fine, punish him, and let him keep his job. But if there were student(s) involved, I can't see how they could justify giving him a second chance.

  2. #29
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Zadick

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Does Iowa have a surplus of deer?

    We had that problem where I live, the government started handing out a ton of doe tags to recreational hunters. Nice way to get more meat for your freezer for people who are going to be out hunting anyways.
    Our Deer population is so out of hand in Indiana they allow a one day hunt in Eagle Creek Park-back when I rode my bike a lot it was not uncommon to have deer standing in the bike path looking pathetic as they were starving to death .
    For all the PETA members -is it kinder to shoot an animal and cleanse the hurt and donate the meat to shelters or watch them starve to death ??

  3. #30
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Zadick

    Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    If it was just him, I'd say fine, punish him, and let him keep his job. But if there were student(s) involved, I can't see how they could justify giving him a second chance.
    I agree wholeheartedly -how is this any different than contributing to the delinquency of a minor ? In our state poachers lose their weapons and pay a fine and do Community Service automatically . A coach involving his kids should call for a harsher penalty.
    Albeit NOT a notorious crime , a crime nonetheless ,coaches probably should not commit criminal acts with their wrestlers .

  4. #31
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: Mike Zadick Allegedy Caught Poaching

    Raccoons are people too.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  5. #32
    Herbert DEC Askren 5-4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pier Village, NJ
    Posts
    3,021

    Default Re: Mike Zadick Allegedy Caught Poaching

    I couldn't care any less about this.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

  6. #33
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: Zadick

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Our Deer population is so out of hand in Indiana they allow a one day hunt in Eagle Creek Park-back when I rode my bike a lot it was not uncommon to have deer standing in the bike path looking pathetic as they were starving to death .
    For all the PETA members -is it kinder to shoot an animal and cleanse the hurt and donate the meat to shelters or watch them starve to death ??
    Granted, Indiana ain't no Iowa in corn production, but are you genuinely having a problem with large numbers of deer starving to death in Indiana? I would guess, like Iowa, that your deer are fat and abundant, due to so much corn that thy freely eat from fields.

    We have a HUGE deer herd, largely because of overabundance of corn for them and no predators.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  7. #34
    Web Host Schlottke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,735
    Blog Entries
    42

    Default Re: Zadick

    Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    If it was just him, I'd say fine, punish him, and let him keep his job. But if there were student(s) involved, I can't see how they could justify giving him a second chance.
    I guess I could see giving him a second chance because if he learns his lesson and can stick around to teach the team how wrong it was it could wind up being a great learning experience for all of the kids involved.

    I totally understand your point, though. It was beyond stupid to involve the athletes.

  8. #35
    Web Host Schlottke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    5,735
    Blog Entries
    42

    Default Re: Mike Zadick Allegedy Caught Poaching

    Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    I couldn't care any less about this.
    ahahah

  9. #36
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Mike Zadick Allegedy Caught Poaching

    Explanation on the Iowa forums:

    I now know the entire story about the incident with the wrestlers and Zadick. I am starting a new thread so that the old thread can just die. As I stated previously the wrestlers were with a non wrestler person while that person did the coon hunting. The wrestlers were not involved with the hunting part, but tried a practical joke with the dead animals. That obviously did not go well. Actually stupid, but no worse than Luedke's episode a few years ago. All wrestlers have been cleared of any wrong doing except the stupid part. Now as far as Zadick is concerned, that is another story. First, Zadick had NOTHING to do with the hunting episode and did not even know of it. His house was raided by the DNR in an unrelated witch hunt because the DNR people thought he had been with the wrestlers, but that was untrue. No one knows where that info came from since it did not come from any of the wrestlers. During the search of his property, hides were taken from his freezer which were all tagged legally and actually were not even his kills. The deer antlers were taken, but also were legal. They found evidence of dead deer(hair etc). Guess what? Zadick is an avid hunter which explains all of the evidence. There was no evidence taken that reveals that Zadick has done anything wrong. The only ones that may have done wrong was the DNR getting a search warrant by lying to judge. The story was leaked to the press bytr he DNR and contained some inaccuracies. Also the story is very misleading about linking Zadick and the wrestlers since there was no link. The first that Zadick heard about any of this was when the DNR showed up at his house. Hopefully this info stops the bashing and criticisms!
    NOTE: I have no personal knowledge of the truth of the above, I'm just bringing it over.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

user tags

mike zadick fired

Mike Zaddick

zadickzadick poachingiowa wrestling poachingmike zadick poachingiowa coach poachingiowa wrestling coach poachingMike Zadick arrestedzadick huntingmike zaddick arrested for poachingmike zadick illegal huntingmike zaddick huntinhMike Zadick DNRMike Zadick arrestmike zadick mmamike zaddick poachingIOWA WRESTler POACHINGmike zadick huntingiowa wrestlers poachingpeople caught poachingbill zadick poachingmike zadick iowa dnrmike zadick poachmike zaddick hunting mike zadickzadick illegal huntingmike zaddick arrestedbill zaddick poaching arrestiowa wrestlers caught poachingiowa dnr poacherszaddick huntingmike zadick deer poachingindiana poachersUniversity of iowa wrestling coach poaching

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •