Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 37 to 45 of 47

Thread: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

  1. #37
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    RV Binghamton 29, Eastern Michigan 6
    125: Jared Germaine (EM) dec. Ryan Gerondel (BU), 8-4
    133: Anthony Jerome (BU) dec. Andrew Novak (EM), 7-3
    141: #20 Anwar Goeres (BU) dec. Seth Schaner (EM), 10-3
    149: Donnie Vinson (BU) tech fall Corey Phillipos (EM), 16-0, 3:05
    157: #3 Justin Lister (BU) dec. Aaron Sulzer (EM), 7-2
    165: #19 Matt Kaylor (BU) maj. dec. Nick Hendrick (EM), 12-3
    174: Ryan McGarity (BU) maj. dec. Chris Eggert (EM), 15-5
    184: #14 Nate Schiedel (BU) maj. dec. Khodor Hoballah (EM), 9-0
    197: Cody Reed (BU) dec. Nick Whittenburg (EM), 7-4
    285: Wes Schroeder (EM) dec. Dan Bittner (BU), 3-1

    Michigan State 19, RV Binghamton 15
    125: Eric Olanowski (MS) dec. Ryan Gerondel (BU), 3-2
    133: Anthony Jerome (BU) dec. Josh Harper (MS), 6-5
    141: Dan Osterman (MS) dec. #20 Anwar Goeres (BU), 3-1
    149: Donnie Vinson (BU) dec. Collin Dozier (MS), 6-1
    157: #14 David Cheza (MS) dec. #3 Justin Lister (BU), 7-4
    165: #19 Matt Kaylor (BU) dec. Ben Boudro (MS), 10-6
    174: Ryan McGarity (BU) pinned Curran Jacobs (MS), 5:34
    184: Ian Hinton (MS) dec. #14 Nate Schiedel (BU), 6-5
    197: Tyler Dickenson (MS) dec. Cody Reed (BU), 4-2
    285: Mike McClure (MS) major dec. Dan Bittner (BU), 11-0

  2. #38
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    ALton appears to be a fast starter, but when he doesn't put a guy away quickly, he settles into a more methodical style. His defense looked nigh unpenetrable on his feet, albeit not against a top tier guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Mario Mason outwrestled Frank the Tank.
    Disagree. Not that I think Molinaro drastically outwrestled Mason either. Molinaro wrestled a superior match, he was better on the mat, and on the feet it was pretty even. Molinaro's TD was very deep compared to Mason's near TD's (and his possibly should have been TD).
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  3. #39

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Disagree. Not that I think Molinaro drastically outwrestled Mason either. Molinaro wrestled a superior match, he was better on the mat, and on the feet it was pretty even. Molinaro's TD was very deep compared to Mason's near TD's (and his possibly should have been TD).
    There's no possibly about it, that WAS a TD, everyone including PSU people know it. Mason's style doesn't lead him to get "deep" he has a slicker style, so basically because Molinaro shoots deep to the hips that gives him an advantage? Pretty sure Mason had way more attempts from the feet.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #40
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    There's no possibly about it, that WAS a TD, everyone including PSU people know it. Mason's style doesn't lead him to get "deep" he has a slicker style, so basically because Molinaro shoots deep to the hips that gives him an advantage? Pretty sure Mason had way more attempts from the feet.
    Ummm, basically. You might have noticed how he finished cleanly and quickly, while Mason ended up in scrambles. And the reason it was ruled OB is because the momentum carried them there and their feet were in the air, not on the mat, even though when the guys settled down from the scramble they were in-bounds. Still, if he was shooting with deeper penetration, he would have been able to finish more definitively. That's why it's proper technique.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  5. #41

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Ummm, basically. You might have noticed how he finished cleanly and quickly, while Mason ended up in scrambles. And the reason it was ruled OB is because the momentum carried them there and their feet were in the air, not on the mat, even though when the guys settled down from the scramble they were in-bounds. Still, if he was shooting with deeper penetration, he would have been able to finish more definitively. That's why it's proper technique.
    He looked pretty deep on the hips when he was completely behind him on the mat. I dont think you understand not everyone looks to finish through the hips. Clear style difference between the two that causes them to finish in different ways. Sweeps you look to run the corner behind, not through.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #42
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    He looked pretty deep on the hips when he was completely behind him on the mat. I dont think you understand not everyone looks to finish through the hips. Clear style difference between the two that causes them to finish in different ways. Sweeps you look to run the corner behind, not through.
    And thus sweep shots are a lower percentage of a finish than getting in on the hips.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #43

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    I preach to my youth wrestlers (never let the ref decide a match)...and clearly Mason allowed it to be close enough to allow the ref to do just that. Maybe Mason can work on his shots this week?

  8. #44
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Originally Posted by buckvader Mario Mason outwrestled Frank the Tank
    .

    Score doesn't say that...


    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    There's no possibly about it, that WAS a TD, everyone including PSU people know it. Mason's style doesn't lead him to get "deep" he has a slicker style, so basically because Molinaro shoots deep to the hips that gives him an advantage? Pretty sure Mason had way more attempts from the feet.
    One thing people assume is that they can just add those 2 points & then that's the REAL score. If that would have been the case then one can also ASSUME that Frank would have escaped as Mario was unable to control Frank on the bottom. Hence the score would have been tied & gone into OT...

    I think MM wrestled a good match however I think that Frank was RUSTY & if you gave him a few weeks the score wouldn't have been as close, IMO.

  9. #45

    Default Re: 2010 Sprawl & Brawl Duals: PSU v. Rutgers Webcast @3 Eastern

    Any excuses for Wright?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •