Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

  1. #1

    Default The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    We spend 99% of our time on here discussing Division I wrestling. This week's blog is the first in a 5-part series on Division III wrestling called, "The Road to Cedar Rapids."

    http://gg121and2.blogspot.com/

    Peace.

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    I enjoy this writeup, and pretty much all your writeups. Focusing on D3 is great for people like myself whose wrestling knowledge comes 85% from message boards that pretty much only discuss D1.

    I've had your blog on my RSS feed for a few weeks, keep up the good work.

    Clayton Rush was a heck of a wrestler in high school, is he considered the favorite this year? Is he moving up a weight class after bulking up during the summer?

  3. #3

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I enjoy this writeup, and pretty much all your writeups. Focusing on D3 is great for people like myself whose wrestling knowledge comes 85% from message boards that pretty much only discuss D1.

    I've had your blog on my RSS feed for a few weeks, keep up the good work.

    Clayton Rush was a heck of a wrestler in high school, is he considered the favorite this year? Is he moving up a weight class after bulking up during the summer?
    Thank you for the kind words.

    Seth Flodeen, the wrestler that beat Clayton in the NCAA finals, returns for Augsburg and would be the pre-season favorite. Mark Kist has transferred from Iowa State to Wartburg and if he goes 125 I see him contending also.

    In the interview Clayton gave no indication of moving up. He's always been a little small which may be the reason more DI schools didn't talk to him.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    Well I usually take 90 to 20 or 88 to 80. Oh, the wrestling road!

    I am a huge fan of GG's work, and the fact that he spreads the love around to different divisions, schools, genders, etc. Good work, as always.

  5. #5

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Well I usually take 90 to 20 or 88 to 80. Oh, the wrestling road!

    I am a huge fan of GG's work, and the fact that he spreads the love around to different divisions, schools, genders, etc. Good work, as always.
    Remember that route when March gets here - and, thanks.

  6. #6

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    I will be using it in January, combining a trip of taking my niece back to school with National Duals. WOOT!

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    By the way - Andy Vogel (aka legendofandy), the head coach at Gettysburg College, runs an information-packed site just on Division III wrestling. He has posted his pre-season individual rankings.

    http://www.d3wrestle.com/wp-content/...gs20081017.pdf

    ODH - Geesman is ranked 2nd. I really look for him to win it this year.

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    I'm guessing that is Jake Oster from Illinois ranked #3 at 125. He was certainly tough in high school, won a state title over Nick Fanthorpe his junior year.

  9. #9
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,960

    Default Re: The Road to Cedar Rapids - Volume 1

    Quote Originally Posted by gg121and2 View Post
    ODH - Geesman is ranked 2nd. I really look for him to win it this year.
    Sweet- I hope he searches out the best competition he can get during the year, it will be easy for him to coast in New England and not improve.

    Last year's champ, Bonora, from Rhode Island College, went to Midlands last years. I hope Geesman follows the same philosophy.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •