View Poll Results: Who is the better Wrestler?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hudson Taylor

    19 95.00%
  • Chad Beatty

    1 5.00%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 46
Discuss 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Beatty was a 65/74 lber when he broke into the lineup at 197. We needed ...
  1. #19
    #1 Homer Herkey#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    4,688

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Beatty was a 65/74 lber when he broke into the lineup at 197. We needed a 197lber and he was the best we had at the time. He took his lumps and is now big enough for the spot. Last year he went 19-6 with injuries as a small 97lber. This year he has only lost to Varner and is now battling injuries again.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

    "I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

  2. #20
    Olympic Champ goferphan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    13,908

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Fair enough...that being said, I think most D1 wrestlers can fit in the category of scrappy and tough.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

  3. #21
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Fair enough...that being said, I think most D1 wrestlers can fit in the category of scrappy and tough.
    Not Hudson. He's one of these wussy pinner types that wrenches you onto your back with leverage in strength.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #22
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Wow this just astounds me.

    this started because of this thread:
    http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/fant...off-duals.html (Playoff Duals)

    Vais
    your compulsion TO HAVE TO BE RIGHT is truly something to be admired! Well done on creating an entire thread to prove me wrong!

    Looks like by some of the discussions here that my comment that:

    197-Hudson>Beatty-VA
    Debatable as Taylor has lost to Branvold who Beatty beat. But Beatty is injured so I will give it you. Taylor has also had a lot more mat time this year.
    may have just a few people agreeing with me....I didn't say that Beatty WOULD win. I merely said it was DEBATABLE & in your next post you imply I am crazy!

    Um this is good stuff!
    ;-P

  5. #23
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Vais
    your compulsion TO HAVE TO BE RIGHT is truly something to be admired! Well done on creating an entire thread to prove me wrong!

    Looks like by some of the discussions here that my comment that:
    Sometimes, I just need to make sure I'm not losing it sometimes. I typically base my opinions off of results and measurable evidence, you apparently base it on blind hope and a shot in the dark. This thread was just to help me realize if my current thought process was proper or not. Fortunately it seems that my methods are still somewhat accurate.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #24
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    you apparently base it on blind hope and a shot in the dark.
    And you say that all because I said Taylor/Beatty is DEBATABLE. You have a convenient memory my friend. I guess you chose to forget all the times MY hunches were right. A comment like that APPARENTLY sounds like a swipe.

  7. #25
    Administrator vaisforlovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    9,931

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    And you say that all because I said Taylor/Beatty is DEBATABLE. You have a convenient memory my friend. I guess you chose to forget all the times MY hunches were right. A comment like that APPARENTLY sounds like a swipe.
    like bubba jenkins wrestling this year, and Molinaro beating Palmer.

    I'm seriously just giving you a hard time(as I think you are to me)
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #26
    Ron Weasley LoSt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    And you say that all because I said Taylor/Beatty is DEBATABLE. You have a convenient memory my friend. I guess you chose to forget all the times MY hunches were right. A comment like that APPARENTLY sounds like a swipe.

    There is no debate about Taylor vs Beatty... if you have any kind of objectivity at all thats a clear W for Taylor.

    I mean otherwise what is to stop me from saying that Marion Mason is a win over Molinaro in a fantasy dual matchup? Its definitely a match he could win, and stranger things have happened. But all conventional logic and results would point towards Molinaro being the favorite
    Gold is an idiot.

  9. #27
    Administrator JensenS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    19,925
    Blog Entries
    56

    Default Re: 2xAA Hudson Taylor v. ??Midlands placer?? Chad Beatty

    Quote Originally Posted by Herkey#1 View Post
    That's not a homer pick. I said Taylor was a better wrestler but Beatty would win the match.
    This line of thinking confuses me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

user tags

hudson taylor cauliflower ear

Hudson Taylor magic

oh no its chad beatty

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •