Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    November 22nd, 2009
    http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...112209aaa.html

    125: No. 3 Anthony Robles (ASU) tech fall Justin Forrest (OU), 16-0 (0-5)
    133: Ben Ashmore (ASU) dec. Alex Ekstrom (OU), 7-5 (0-8)
    141: No. 5 Chris Drouin (ASU) dec. No.17 Zack Bailey, 3-1 (0-11)
    149: No. 5 Kyle Terry (OU) dec. Vicente Varela (ASU), 4-0 (3-11)
    157: Shane Vernon (OU) dec. Te Edwards (ASU), 17-10 (6-11)
    165: Tyler Caldwell (OU) dec. Kyle DeBerry (ASU), 5-2 (9-11)
    174: No. 9 Jeff James (OU) dec. Eric Starks (ASU), 4-3 (12-11)
    184: Erich Schmidtke (OU) dec. Jake Meredith (ASU), 3-1 (15-11)
    197: No.7 Eric Lapotsky (OU) fall Anthony Pike (ASU), 0:47 (21-11 clinches win for OU)
    285: No. 13 Nathan Fernandez (OU) dec. Erik Nye (ASU), 3-2 (24-11)

  2. #2

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    I was hoping for the upset, but I'm very pleased by how close Bailey wrestled Drouin. I checked the play-by-play and it sounds like a TD with 5 seconds left in the 1st ended up being the difference. Lapotsky really seems to be on a tear this year, he might be a guy I've underestimated
    Gold is an idiot.

  3. #3
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I was hoping for the upset, but I'm very pleased by how close Bailey wrestled Drouin. I checked the play-by-play and it sounds like a TD with 5 seconds left in the 1st ended up being the difference. Lapotsky really seems to be on a tear this year, he might be a guy I've underestimated
    197 in the Big 12 is insane--even more so than last year. Varner, Gelogaev, Brester, Lapotsky. If Askren was still there this year, all Big12 197 pounders would be ranked in the top 8 right now.


  4. #4
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    197 in the Big 12 is insane--even more so than last year. Varner, Gelogaev, Brester, Lapotsky. If Askren was still there this year, all Big12 197 pounders would be ranked in the top 8 right now.
    I think Haynes decision over Bond got him in the top 20 so it's not too far off.

  5. #5
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    I was hoping for the upset, but I'm very pleased by how close Bailey wrestled Drouin. I checked the play-by-play and it sounds like a TD with 5 seconds left in the 1st ended up being the difference. Lapotsky really seems to be on a tear this year, he might be a guy I've underestimated
    I read where Bailey was thrown on his back 6-7 times just out of bounds .

  6. #6

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I read where Bailey was thrown on his back 6-7 times just out of bounds .
    LOL Liar
    Gold is an idiot.

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    Yea I'm glad I got Lapotsky. He has pinned nearly everyone so far. He got me 28 points last week. PA kid btw!

    Terry's brother didn't wrestle so I was wondering if he was injured as I think he placed 2nd @ the Ok Gold just like Kyle.

  8. #8

    Default Re: #12 Oklahoma 24 #20 Arizona State 11

    The heavies are the same way. Zabriskie, Ellis, Bradley, Rosholt, Fernandez, Lane.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •