Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 114

Thread: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Biggest early season dual thus far (and will probably be the biggest one we get until Iowa v. Iowa State).

    125: Frank Perrelli dec James Knox 3-0 Cornell
    133: Steve Bell dec Mike Grey 3-3
    141: Alex Krom dec Kyle Dake 6-3 Maryland (Much as it kills me to predict)
    149: Jon Kohler dec Corey Manson (One toss up to Maryland) 9-3 Maryland
    157: DJ Meagher dec Kyle John (And one to Cornell. Meagher impressed me last year at National Duals anyway) 9-6 Cornell
    165: Josh Asper dec John Basting 9-9
    174: Mike Letts dec Mack Lewnes (Going to keep riding the Letts bandwagon) 12-9 Maryland
    184: Steve Bosak dec Corey Peltier 12-12
    197: Hudson Taylor dec Cam Simaz 15-12 Maryland
    285: Josh Arnone dec Pat Gilmore 15-15

    So I have it coming out to a tie.

    Lots of very close match ups here in breaking this down. Could see as many as seven of these ten matches possibly going the other way than how I predicted them.

    Kerber's injury may be big in swinging the dual. Had he been here I'd have picked him to beat Asper, which thereby would have swung the dual to Cornell.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Perrelli DEC Knox 3-0 Cornell
    Grey DEC Bell 6-0 Cornell
    Krom DEC Dake 6-3 Cornell
    Manson DEC Kohler 9-3 Cornell
    Meagher DEC John 12-3 Cornell
    Asper DEC Basting 12-6 Cornell
    Lewnes DEC Letts 15-6 Cornell
    Bosak DEC Peltier 18-6 Cornell
    Taylor FALL Simaz 18-12 Cornell
    Gilmore DEC Arnone 18-15 Cornell
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  3. #3

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    I wouldn't completely count a certain Cornell 125 pounder out for Friday. He certainly won't wrestle at Body Bar and perhaps for the rest of the semester. But last year, he wrestled the opening dual against Penn State and then disappeared until National Duals. I'm hearing it might happen ...

  4. #4

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    He also wrestled said opening dual at 33...

    That would definitely be interesting to see though if said 25 pounder is able to make 25 and winds up in the line up

    Certainly would swing the dual back into Cornell's favor.

  5. #5

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
    I wouldn't completely count a certain Cornell 125 pounder out for Friday. He certainly won't wrestle at Body Bar and perhaps for the rest of the semester. But last year, he wrestled the opening dual against Penn State and then disappeared until National Duals. I'm hearing it might happen ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    He also wrestled said opening dual at 33...

    That would definitely be interesting to see though if said 25 pounder is able to make 25 and winds up in the line up

    Certainly would swing the dual back into Cornell's favor.
    Are we not allowed to say Nickersons name around here..haha.

    It sounds like he's Lord Voldemort and is "he-who-must-not-be-named."

    Not that I've...umm...ever read those books...ahem.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Are we not allowed to say Nickersons name around here..haha.

    It sounds like he's Lord Voldemort and is "he-who-must-not-be-named."

    Not that I've...umm...ever read those books...ahem.
    Don't be ashamed. I've read the books several times.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #7

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Perrelli DEC Knox 3-0 Cornell
    Grey DEC Bell 6-0 Cornell
    Krom DEC Dake 6-3 Cornell
    Manson DEC Kohler 9-3 Cornell
    Meagher DEC John 12-3 Cornell
    Asper DEC Basting 12-6 Cornell
    Lewnes DEC Letts 15-6 Cornell
    Bosak DEC Peltier 18-6 Cornell
    Taylor FALL Simaz 18-12 Cornell
    Gilmore DEC Arnone 18-15 Cornell
    Perelli d. 3-0 Cornell
    Bell d. 3-3
    Krom d. 3-6 MD
    Manson d. 6-6
    meagher d. 9-6 Cornell
    Asper d. 9-9
    Lewnes d. 12-9 Cornell
    Bosak d. 15-9 Cornell
    Taylor Maj. 15-13 Cornell
    Arnone d. 18-13 Cornell

    Hard to know what Hudson will do. Could stick, or be stuck...never can tell and Simaz is no slouch.

    Let the record show that I picked Steve Bell to beat a good opponent.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #8

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    It should be a really good dual and I can't even fathom making a guess. There are so many bouts that I consider "toss-ups' that it is tough to predict what can happen. I think 125, 133, 149, 157, 174, 184, and HWT are all matches that could go eithr way (unless Nickerson isn in the lineup) I don't think Dake is going to come that close to beating Alex Krom. I think Krom wins by a comfotable margin (3-5 points).

  9. #9

    Default Re: #3 Cornell v. #6 Maryland Predictions/Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post

    Let the record show that I picked Steve Bell to beat a good opponent.
    Lost isn't going to be happy when he sees this.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •