Page 50 of 182 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast
Results 442 to 450 of 1631
Discuss Everything Penn State Wrestling at the College Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; Originally Posted by Chop Andrew Long deserves the credit for PSU winning this title. He ...
  1. #442
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    Andrew Long deserves the credit for PSU winning this title. He scored 18.5pts which is about 17pts more than PSU would have scored at 133 before Andrew arrived in Happy Valley. He beat Grey head to head which also took points away from Cornell so I think without Andrew Long PSU isn't so happy today in Happy Valley.
    So is this really a veiled comment to reflect on how PSU stole Long from ISU & didn't really deserve to win the Team NCAA title? PSU without Long still beats Iowa btw.

  2. #443
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling



    PSU celebrates the wrestling NCAA Championship at the PSU WBB NCAA Tournament game

  3. #444
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,829

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    KR--What is the PSU wrestling forum website?

  4. #445
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Cael had his guys ready at the conference tournament. Can he do it twice?

    Past history says 'close, but no cigar'.

    His guys have historically fallen short when bonus points were critical. Has he learned enough as a coach to help the guys get those extra points that will be needed if the team is to win a title?

    Iowa knows how to do it. Does Penn State?
    Iowa of the past is just that, the past. If you look at the current team, they failed. They put one guy into the finals and he got his butt kicked. What about Gambrall getting DECKED by Wright? How many Iowa wrestlers went into the consi-finals and couldn't produce a win? And the Icing on the top of that cupcake Iowa team...is Brands costing his team 2 points for his antics. So, dont get on this kick about PSU choking or not able to score bonus points. and don't get on this kick of how Cael can't win TWO championships. I mean, just days ago he couldn't win "the big one"...Oooops!! yes he just did. Now it's two? then what? He can't match Brand's three? THen what? Penn State has 19 more to go to match Iowa? When does the hate for Cael end and the respect begin? I'm guessing with MOST Iowa fans, it never will. Penn State fans can appreciate and respect what the Brands brothers have done with Iowa, even though we hate his BS. Somehow, I don't think Cael will earn that from any of you haters. Not that it matters. Personnally, I'm excited for the future of Penn State wrestling and regardless if they dont repeat or three-peat we as fans have many great things to look forward too.

  5. #446
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    I don't care who it is that wins the title, or who the coach is either. If it is not Iowa then it is going to hurt because I am a big fan. With that said, congrats to PSU and Sanderson for the incredible year and I hope we beat you next year. I don't appreciate reading how much Iowa fans are "haters" all the time or we are full of BS. It matters what team you root for often to see the BS of others.

  6. #447
    Redshirt
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    197

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Iowa of the past is just that, the past. If you look at the current team, they failed. They put one guy into the finals and he got his butt kicked. What about Gambrall getting DECKED by Wright? How many Iowa wrestlers went into the consi-finals and couldn't produce a win? And the Icing on the top of that cupcake Iowa team...is Brands costing his team 2 points for his antics. So, dont get on this kick about PSU choking or not able to score bonus points. and don't get on this kick of how Cael can't win TWO championships. I mean, just days ago he couldn't win "the big one"...Oooops!! yes he just did. Now it's two? then what? He can't match Brand's three? THen what? Penn State has 19 more to go to match Iowa? When does the hate for Cael end and the respect begin? I'm guessing with MOST Iowa fans, it never will. Penn State fans can appreciate and respect what the Brands brothers have done with Iowa, even though we hate his BS. Somehow, I don't think Cael will earn that from any of you haters. Not that it matters. Personnally, I'm excited for the future of Penn State wrestling and regardless if they dont repeat or three-peat we as fans have many great things to look forward too.
    I think it was only 1 pt. The other was from Marion chucking his head gear.

  7. #448
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by actqb View Post
    I don't care who it is that wins the title, or who the coach is either. If it is not Iowa then it is going to hurt because I am a big fan. With that said, congrats to PSU and Sanderson for the incredible year and I hope we beat you next year. I don't appreciate reading how much Iowa fans are "haters" all the time or we are full of BS. It matters what team you root for often to see the BS of others.
    Please don't mis-understand my post. NOT all Iowa fans are haters. My statement is geared toward Iowans, not just the Hawkeye fans, who hate Cael and will never give the man any credit. for anything. You sir, are not in that crowd.

  8. #449
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,829

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Iowa of the past is just that, the past. If you look at the current team, they failed. They put one guy into the finals and he got his butt kicked. What about Gambrall getting DECKED by Wright? How many Iowa wrestlers went into the consi-finals and couldn't produce a win? And the Icing on the top of that cupcake Iowa team...is Brands costing his team 2 points for his antics. So, dont get on this kick about PSU choking or not able to score bonus points. and don't get on this kick of how Cael can't win TWO championships. I mean, just days ago he couldn't win "the big one"...Oooops!! yes he just did. Now it's two? then what? He can't match Brand's three? THen what? Penn State has 19 more to go to match Iowa? When does the hate for Cael end and the respect begin? I'm guessing with MOST Iowa fans, it never will. Penn State fans can appreciate and respect what the Brands brothers have done with Iowa, even though we hate his BS. Somehow, I don't think Cael will earn that from any of you haters. Not that it matters. Personnally, I'm excited for the future of Penn State wrestling and regardless if they dont repeat or three-peat we as fans have many great things to look forward too.
    I said this essentially before on another thread. It's true that a few Iowa fans seem to want to bash Cael which is certainly not deserved. He seems to be a man of great integrity, he is certainly loved by his team, and we've all seen the results. But because some people want to bash Cael/PSU doesn't mean we have to respond in kind. Let's just enjoy this championship and look forward to an exciting year next season without attacking others. If others attack Cael/PSU that's their problem.

  9. #450
    AA Badcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Where am I?
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: Everything Penn State Wrestling

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    I think it was only 1 pt. The other was from Marion chucking his head gear.
    ah, i heard the announcers state that he got hit with 2 points. Makes sense about Marion.

user tags

david taylor wrestling

Penn State wrestling

Andrew Spangler Wrestling

psu wrestling

psu wrestling forum

everything Penn state wrestlingpenn state wrestling singlets kidsNate Morgan wrestlingpenn state wrestling singletsnittany lion wrestling clubpowered by vBulletin penn statecollege wrestling records penn statedavid taylor penn statedavid taylor wrestling highlightsRyan Ginsburg wrestlingPenn state wrestling shoescowburn wrestlingandy spangler college wrestlingPenn State wrestling blogspennstatewrestling martellottipenn state wrestling apparelcollege wrestlingQuentin Wrightpenn state wrestling gearmorgan mcintoshdavid taylor wrestlerpennstatewrestlingpenn state wrestler arrested sherlockpsu wrestling score penn state vs iowa at university park january 30 2011 Penn State 1963frank molinaro gorilla hulkandrew long penn statepennstatewrestlingclubryan ginsburg college wrestlingpenn state wrestling forums blogs

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •