Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 55 to 63 of 82

Thread: Penn State Intra-squad line up

  1. #55

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    Gold, wouldn't you prefer "I'm Gold's Bitch"? It has a great ring to it. Just saying.

  2. #56

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    How incredibly original and creative...

    Especially considering I was a lot more on the mark then you were as far as the spirit of the bet.
    Gold is an idiot.

  3. #57

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    Real disappointed in Erwin, I thought after watching him throughout HS he would be a fantastic college wrestler and usually I am right at least partially but I believe that injury took a lot out of him. Very streaky kid and I hope the best for him he comes from a great family but I believe his best wrestling is behind him
    PS super happy I didn't get him in fantasy ahahahhahhahaha I believe someone will know what I mean

  4. #58
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    I don't really see how you "were a lot more on the mark" considering you said Cyler would win by tech fall. The "spirit of the bet" was whether or not Cyler would win by a major decision. I was 100% on the mark and you were 100% off of it.

    Even as such, I said it wouldn't really surprise me if Cyler did get a major because of the size difference.

    I expect to see your new sig in your next post, bitch.


  5. #59
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    Quote Originally Posted by RD149-2 View Post
    Real disappointed in Erwin, I thought after watching him throughout HS he would be a fantastic college wrestler and usually I am right at least partially but I believe that injury took a lot out of him. Very streaky kid and I hope the best for him he comes from a great family but I believe his best wrestling is behind him
    PS super happy I didn't get him in fantasy ahahahhahhahaha I believe someone will know what I mean
    Sigh... I know what you mean since he is on my team. So is Vallimont, so you might say today was a rough day for the "Golden Shir."


  6. #60

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I don't really see how you "were a lot more on the mark" considering you said Cyler would win by tech fall. The "spirit of the bet" was whether or not Cyler would win by a major decision. I was 100% on the mark and you were 100% off of it.

    Even as such, I said it wouldn't really surprise me if Cyler did get a major because of the size difference.

    I expect to see your new sig in your next post, bitch.
    Cmon now.. lets be real. You thought DT would keep it close, I did not. You won in the last second of the bout by 1 point, after DT got completely blitzed to start the match.

    I will accept your very lackluster attempt at a signature with the knowledge that although I lost the bet, my instincts were correct in this matter.

    And it is not my fault that TWT randomly decides not to display signatures from time to time.
    Gold is an idiot.

  7. #61
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    I said "I think Cyler will win by a few points because of strength and experience," you said he would get teched... I was closer.


  8. #62
    Administrator Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    5,188

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    I didn't watch the match or follow any kind of live updates. I just read this on PSU's website, though, and it makes me feel kind of good about the match. Sounds like Taylor couldn't stop Cyler from neutral at all, but rode him very hard. I guess that says something about how good Taylor is on top--something Ohio guys aren't really known for.

    "2008 All-American Cyler Sanderson (Heber City, Utah), ranked No. 5 at 157, met true freshman David Taylor (St. Paris, Ohio). Sanderson made his first seconds on a Rec Hall mat count with a sizzling four point move (takedown and two near fall points) right out of the gates against Taylor. Sanderson added a second takedown and two more near fall points to up his lead to 8-1 with 1:21 left in the period. A third takedown with :40 left gave Cyler a 10-3 lead after a Taylor escape. Leading 10-3, Sanderson chose down to start the second period. Taylor was able to ride Sanderson for nearly a minute before the All-American was able to escape to an 11-3 lead. Trailing 11-3 and needing back points, Taylor chose top to start the third period and nearly turned the senior for back points right off the opening whistle. But Sanderson was able to fight back to parallel and keep his eight-point lead. Taylor put together a very strong ride, maintaining control of Sanderson while trying to lock in on a cradle. But Sanderson was able to fight off every Taylor scoring effort and wind out the period. The strong ride out allowed Taylor to work up a 1:41 riding time edge and keep the bout to a regular decision. Still, Sanderson's sizzling start allowed the All-American to walk away with an 11-4 decision."


  9. #63
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,657

    Default Re: Penn State Intra-squad line up

    Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    Gold, wouldn't you prefer "I'm Gold's Bitch"? It has a great ring to it. Just saying.
    That does sound splendid for LoSt.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •