Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 91

Thread: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    I'd love to see it... The weird thing is that a summer interview with Burroughs said he plans to compete post-collegiately at 66kg (145.5), if that's the case this move wouldn't make much sense.
    Interesting... I dont see any way he makes 145.5, he is pretty big at 157.

    Obviously its not confirmed that Burroughs will be up at 165 but it would make sense. He's been consistently growing for a while now, he was 135 as a senior in HS, 149 as a RS Frosh and Sophomore, 157 as a Junior, 165 would not seem out of the possibility. I personally thought he was quite big at 157 last year, and he certainly would not have to worry about being outmuscled by anyone at 165.
    Gold is an idiot.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Burroughs is the finest physical specimen i've seen in wrestling since I started watching D1 hardcore.

    I mean that in the most heterosexual way imaginable.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Burroughs is the favorite, He knows how to beat an insane field(see last year when he out placed 2 NC's and Mike Poeta in convincing fashion.)
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Given that he's 1-3 against Schlatter for his career, I still disagree but I'll at least grant the fact that you're giving an actual reason why you think Burroughs is the favorite.

    Unlike some folks.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Given that he's 1-3 against Schlatter for his career, I still disagree but I'll at least grant the fact that you're giving an actual reason why you think Burroughs is the favorite.

    Unlike some folks.

    I see your point, however, would Brent Metcalf be a favorite over JB because he's beaten JB twice? Probably not.

    Some of Burroughs losses were when JB was just a different level than he is now. His improvement from 2 years ago to last year was immense. I think he's the class of D1.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #15
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I see your point, however, would Brent Metcalf be a favorite over JB because he's beaten JB twice? Probably not.

    Some of Burroughs losses were when JB was just a different level than he is now. His improvement from 2 years ago to last year was immense. I think he's the class of D1.
    Actually Metcalf beat him three time. But whatevs...
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  7. #16

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    Actually Metcalf beat him three time. But whatevs...
    Oops, yes, but he has still beaten him twice I was not wrong, just less accurate
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ therick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,052

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Burroughs is the finest physical specimen i've seen in wrestling since I started watching D1 hardcore.

    I mean that in the most heterosexual way imaginable.
    You must be too young to remember Kevin Randleman. Burroughs has much better technique than Randleman every had.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Jordan Burroughs to 165?

    I seriously typed "since kevin randleman" and I deleted it because I figured I'd miss a stud in between since that was awhile ago and someone would refer me to some beast I never even knew about.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •