Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 27

Thread: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ RYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    8,376

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Caldwell exposed the style it takes to defeat Metcalf. The question is; Does anyone else have the speed, agility and strength to replicate the feat? Someone in the current cadre will have to severely alter their style. Caldwell proved Metcalf's key weakness is his paced attack, as well as his key asset.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

  2. #11
    Redshirt Scarlet~Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    From PR to NJ and placed in between
    Posts
    45

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Metcalf against a one-armed Caldwell might be a close match, but I'd still go with Caldwell.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    bummer.. wanted to see that rematch
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

  4. #13

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    This pisses me off. I was really hoping to see that match one more time! Didn't even realize he had shoulder problems, hope he comes back just as good for the next season.

    I think this season got a lot more boring.
    Pisses you off? A kid is hurt and at the ripe age of 21? 22? has to get his shoulder cut open. Is that really the wording you want to use?

  5. #14

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by bluestater View Post
    Pisses you off? A kid is hurt and at the ripe age of 21? 22? has to get his shoulder cut open. Is that really the wording you want to use?
    Glad you're around to over analyze all my posts. It gives me a little of "themat" type of feel.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  6. #15
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    http://news.theopenmat.com/?p=4089

    I guess this can squash the stupidity that was emanating from some other places (not here) that said he was redshirting just to try and dodge Metcalf.
    So Caldwell is so afraid of Metcalf that he injured his shoulder on purpose?

  7. #16

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Glad you're around to over analyze all my posts. It gives me a little of "themat" type of feel.
    Honey, don't do that. You don't want to, trust me. I'm just asking if that's really the amount of compassion you want to show. If it is, go with it.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    "Honey"??? Get a room you two!!
    :-)
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

  9. #18

    Default Re: Caldwell Having Shoulder Surgery: Redshirt Confirmed

    Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Caldwell exposed the style it takes to defeat Metcalf. The question is; Does anyone else have the speed, agility and strength to replicate the feat? Someone in the current cadre will have to severely alter their style. Caldwell proved Metcalf's key weakness is his paced attack, as well as his key asset.
    I was saying long before NCAAs last year that Burroughs would Major Metcalf in a rematch. People scoffed...
    Gold is an idiot.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •