Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 35

Thread: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Who do you think will be the best NCAA wrestler this year from neutral? I think it's Burroughs by a good deal. His shot and reshots are awesome and he has a great double. Humphrey is also pretty good from the feet, as is Nickerson
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

  2. #2
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    i'd have to go with Leen .

  3. #3

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    i'd have to go with Leen .
    Leen was pretty damn slick from the feet, but I think Burroughs is a little better. Leen vs. Burroughs was a great match and there was some absolutely awesome action from the feet, but Burroughs looked just a little better, although it was extremely close.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

  4. #4
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    Leen was pretty damn slick from the feet, but I think Burroughs is a little better. Leen vs. Burroughs was a great match and there was some absolutely awesome action from the feet, but Burroughs looked just a little better, although it was extremely close.
    Do you remember when they went out of bounds and took out the cameras ? That gave Burroughs the breather he needed -Leen must not have a joint in his body . In the previos match against Kinser , Kinser had 2 deep singles and not only didn't score but got taken down by Leen .

  5. #5
    National Finalist mhs189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Matoaca, Virginia
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Do you remember when they went out of bounds and took out the cameras ? That gave Burroughs the breather he needed -Leen must not have a joint in his body . In the previos match against Kinser , Kinser had 2 deep singles and not only didn't score but got taken down by Leen .
    neither does askren
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

  6. #6

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Do you remember when they went out of bounds and took out the cameras ? That gave Burroughs the breather he needed -Leen must not have a joint in his body . In the previos match against Kinser , Kinser had 2 deep singles and not only didn't score but got taken down by Leen .
    Yeah, haha. That was a great match, and there was some awesome scoring from the feet.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

  7. #7
    National Finalist mhs189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Matoaca, Virginia
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    As ignorant as this may sound, Metcalf. It seems like the default answer for questions regarding NCAA wrestling for the average person without much knowledge towards NCAA wrestling or wrestlers, but I believe he's the best. He seems to take people down consistently without much effort. The only times he really has problems is when he begins to panic and loses his composure.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

  8. #8

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Quote Originally Posted by mhs189 View Post
    As ignorant as this may sound, Metcalf. It seems like the default answer for questions regarding NCAA wrestling for the average person without much knowledge towards NCAA wrestling or wrestlers, but I believe he's the best. He seems to take people down consistently without much effort. The only times he really has problems is when he begins to panic and loses his composure.
    No, it isn't ignorant at all, and I completely agree with you. He is very good from the feet, and has great shots and reshots as well. He didn't look half bad in his finals match against Paulson at Vegas, and that ankle pick was sweet.
    "Wanting to win, that is common to all. But working to win, the drive to go the extra mile, to push yourself while no one's looking..that is the mark of a true champion."

  9. #9
    National Finalist mhs189's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Matoaca, Virginia
    Posts
    779

    Default Re: Best wrestler this year from the feet?

    Yeah, i remember watching that on some website. He just crumbled under pressure against he first round wrestle Darrion Caldwell.
    "It ain't about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward, how much you can take and keep moving foward. That's how winning is done!"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •