Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 19 to 27 of 31

Thread: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

  1. #19

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Don't really know if TRUSTY is pumping Glasser or not. But he does seem to dog Cody for some reason. Are you sure you're from Colorado Trusty? Most Colorado people seem to pull for their own. Doesn't matter, really, I am from Colorado, and will continue to pull for Sonny, Cody, Kevin, Tyler, Tucker and Stryker, Joe, and all of the other college wrestlers from Colorado whether they are currently wrestling in or out of state. GO COLORADO!!! We are proud of all of you!

  2. #20
    Related To Gage Trusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    4,420

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Don't really know if TRUSTY is pumping Glasser or not. But he does seem to dog Cody for some reason. Are you sure you're from Colorado Trusty? Most Colorado people seem to pull for their own. Doesn't matter, really, I am from Colorado, and will continue to pull for Sonny, Cody, Kevin, Tyler, Tucker and Stryker, Joe, and all of the other college wrestlers from Colorado whether they are currently wrestling in or out of state. GO COLORADO!!! We are proud of all of you!
    Chill my friend....nothing against Cody. I think you need to know the long going battle with my buddy goferphan to appreciate. Both Yohns will have great careers at the U, just my opinion Glasser will be the 74 pounder for the next few years while Cody matures...that's all.

    BTW I pull for ALL the CO boys in the college ranks.

  3. #21

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Don't really know if TRUSTY is pumping Glasser or not. But he does seem to dog Cody for some reason. Are you sure you're from Colorado Trusty? Most Colorado people seem to pull for their own. Doesn't matter, really, I am from Colorado, and will continue to pull for Sonny, Cody, Kevin, Tyler, Tucker and Stryker, Joe, and all of the other college wrestlers from Colorado whether they are currently wrestling in or out of state. GO COLORADO!!! We are proud of all of you!
    SInce you mentioned Stryker Lane and know Colorado wrestling, how would you compare him to his brother Tucker as a hs wrestler? I read somewhere that he didn't give up a single point during his senior year. Don't know if it's true or not, but interested in how soon he could figure into the Cornell heavyweight competition.

  4. #22

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by gobigred View Post
    SInce you mentioned Stryker Lane and know Colorado wrestling, how would you compare him to his brother Tucker as a hs wrestler? I read somewhere that he didn't give up a single point during his senior year. Don't know if it's true or not, but interested in how soon he could figure into the Cornell heavyweight competition.
    Stryker is a good wrestler in his own right. I hate to compare the two. Would it suffice to say they are both very good wrestlers with their own styles, and both had awesome high school careers? Stryker is extremely strong, and Tucker is very technical. Honestly not sure who the current heavyweight at Cornell is, but I'm sure I will find out soon, as i do follow the boys. Not sure about the not giving up a single point.... he did have a loss this year to a kid named Connour Medberry. However, if I remember right, he pinned his way to a 2A state title at his weight this year.

  5. #23

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    125's Yes i can definitely see precin as one of the major threats to Nickerson next year. The way he came back from a 9-0 loss in the quarterfinals and to come back and beat him in the consolation finals shows that he's not only a tough wrestler but a smart one. i can see either him or sanders being against nickerson in the finals

    133's As for 133's i can see dennis from iowa being tough but ill have to give it to Ness, he looked great at the tournament giving his only defeat to humphrey 1-0 in the semis and then coming back to beat the kid from Boise and the only time he ever beat kennedy that year, so him stepping up into a new bigger weight class he really did well.

    141's If humphrey is going 141's i can see doing very well but i would have to give it to gallick, who looked very good the whole year and very very tough at the final tournament!

    149's Metcalf, haha i think head coach tom brads will have beaten victory in him so much after last years finals loss that he will come in tougher than ever.

    157's bourroghs

    165's If schlatter wrestles with the same intensity he did when he was a freshman theres no stopping him, but he has been hurt for a while and has seemed like he was wrestling "not to lose" instead of going after all his matches like he used to. big threats are Morningstar (and if he wins itll only be 1-0 cause he wrestles the most boring matches ive ever seen hahaha), also the returning finalist the sophomore howe from Wisconsin looks tuff.

    174's looks like the only higher AA returning from last year was miller, he looked very solid and looks like he can do some damage, but he definitely didnt have a chance against senior luke from michigan in the finals, but im not too updated on this weight class so i dont know who could win it.

    184's i can see pucillo winning it again like he did in 08 then last year the super super tough herbert came in his way. pucillio and Keddy from iowa id say

    197's Varner

    HWT Ellis is returning and looked very good, either him or even rosholt, maybe he'll be able to pull out some senior power and get some good workouts with his older brother and follow in his footsteps and be a ncaa champ.

  6. #24

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherfan View Post
    125's Yes i can definitely see precin as one of the major threats to Nickerson next year. The way he came back from a 9-0 loss in the quarterfinals and to come back and beat him in the consolation finals shows that he's not only a tough wrestler but a smart one. i can see either him or sanders being against nickerson in the finals

    133's As for 133's i can see dennis from iowa being tough but ill have to give it to Ness, he looked great at the tournament giving his only defeat to humphrey 1-0 in the semis and then coming back to beat the kid from Boise and the only time he ever beat kennedy that year, so him stepping up into a new bigger weight class he really did well.

    141's If humphrey is going 141's i can see doing very well but i would have to give it to gallick, who looked very good the whole year and very very tough at the final tournament!

    149's Metcalf, haha i think head coach tom brads will have beaten victory in him so much after last years finals loss that he will come in tougher than ever.

    157's bourroghs

    165's If schlatter wrestles with the same intensity he did when he was a freshman theres no stopping him, but he has been hurt for a while and has seemed like he was wrestling "not to lose" instead of going after all his matches like he used to. big threats are Morningstar (and if he wins itll only be 1-0 cause he wrestles the most boring matches ive ever seen hahaha), also the returning finalist the sophomore howe from Wisconsin looks tuff.

    174's looks like the only higher AA returning from last year was miller, he looked very solid and looks like he can do some damage, but he definitely didnt have a chance against senior luke from michigan in the finals, but im not too updated on this weight class so i dont know who could win it.

    184's i can see pucillo winning it again like he did in 08 then last year the super super tough herbert came in his way. pucillio and Keddy from iowa id say

    197's Varner

    HWT Ellis is returning and looked very good, either him or even rosholt, maybe he'll be able to pull out some senior power and get some good workouts with his older brother and follow in his footsteps and be a ncaa champ.
    I'm starting to wonder if DS is really the guy to beat at 165. I might have even said that he is, but now that I've thought about it, I'm wondering if it was premature on my part.

    He's up 2 weights from 49 where he placed 7th. I know he was injured, and he's been doing great, but I don't think enough credit is given to alll the other 65 pounders who've been there. He will make it interesting though.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #25
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopherfan View Post
    165's If schlatter wrestles with the same intensity he did when he was a freshman theres no stopping him, but he has been hurt for a while and has seemed like he was wrestling "not to lose" instead of going after all his matches like he used to. big threats are Morningstar (and if he wins itll only be 1-0 cause he wrestles the most boring matches ive ever seen hahaha), also the returning finalist the sophomore howe from Wisconsin looks tuff.
    I think it's a bit rich for a Minnesota fan to be complaining about Iowa's 165 lber being "too boring".
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  8. #26

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    If you really want to do a comparison between how often Schlatter and Morningstar get bonus points, you're welcome to do so.

    I've got a pretty good idea as to who would come out on top in that one even if you only use stats since Schlatter became "a staller"...

  9. #27
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Minnesota Golden Gophers

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    If you really want to do a comparison between how often Schlatter and Morningstar get bonus points, you're welcome to do so.

    I've got a pretty good idea as to who would come out on top in that one even if you only use stats since Schlatter became "a staller"...
    Schlatter's last season (2007-2008): 6 bonus point wins.

    Morningstar last season (2008-2009): 4 bonus point wins (which could be attributed to being in a higher weight class. In 2007-2008 at 157 (year Schlatter had 6 bonus point wins) Morningstar had 8 bonus point wins. So yeah, I'd say it's relatively even.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •