Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 10 to 18 of 18

Thread: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

  1. #10

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by LoSt View Post
    As much as I disagree with almost everything that comes out of Zapps mouth (or fingers, as it were) I have to say that looks like a pretty balanced and reasonable assessment.

    In fact I dont know if you are giving Danimal enough love, he is my preseason pick for champ. I suppose with Z Ellis and Rosholt coming back its going to be a tough weight, but Erekson really impressed me last year.
    And you made fun of me for picking Erekson in the 8th round of our Fantasy League.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




  2. #11
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Despite the fact that both of them spit the bit at the tournament last year I'd still be interested to see Keddy against both Kirk Smith and Kilgore.

    One thing I'm glad to see in Zapp's breakdown is he didn't just pencil Nate Moore in at 125 and stick an AA by his name just for fun.
    I like both those guys at 184, but they don't have the offense (at least so far) to really beat the top two guys IMO. Definitely an interesting match up though.

    Don't tell my fellow Hawkeye fans, but I have the next 3 125 championships going: Troy Nickerson, Zach Sanders, Zach Sanders. I'm a believer.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  3. #12

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    And you made fun of me for picking Erekson in the 8th round of our Fantasy League.
    Gold is an idiot.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    And you made fun of me for picking Erekson in the 8th round of our Fantasy League.

    Maybe but I think he was one of the country's most improved wrestlers and that's hard to predict.

  5. #14

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    I don't think T Nick makes 125 next year. I know I say that every year. LOL. I also think Daniel Dennis will struggle early with his weight if he stays at 133 but he is tough enough to grind out the season with his share of wins against the top competition until he gets it leveled out. I think the three day tournaments will be tough on him but I don't see any reason why he isn't right there at the end of the season as well. Is it October yet?

  6. #15

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    I don't remember hearing about dennis having too much trouble...dudes 5'4 and didn't look terribly imposing at 133. Let's hope Dennis won't be on Slatons summer work out regimen.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I like both those guys at 184, but they don't have the offense (at least so far) to really beat the top two guys IMO. Definitely an interesting match up though.

    Don't tell my fellow Hawkeye fans, but I have the next 3 125 championships going: Troy Nickerson, Zach Sanders, Zach Sanders. I'm a believer.
    My post wasn't really for me hating on Nate Moore either.

    Its just a matter of the fact that Nate Moore made 125 pounds a grand total of one time this past season, and that one time he did he made it about a period before cramping up so badly he had to default so I've found it kind of silly his offseason in reading other "projections" (not yours obviously) that stick him in as a definite AA.

    I think he'll have a solid career, but I think that career will wind up being at 133 pounds.

  8. #17
    Super Moderator Zapp Brannigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Posts
    8,269

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    My post wasn't really for me hating on Nate Moore either.

    Its just a matter of the fact that Nate Moore made 125 pounds a grand total of one time this past season, and that one time he did he made it about a period before cramping up so badly he had to default so I've found it kind of silly his offseason in reading other "projections" (not yours obviously) that stick him in as a definite AA.

    I think he'll have a solid career, but I think that career will wind up being at 133 pounds.
    Indeed. I think, AM (After Metcalf), the Hawkeyes will have something like

    125 Ramos
    133 Moore/McDonough
    141 McDonough/Moore
    149 Ballweg
    157 ?
    165 St. John?
    174 Gambrall
    184 Lofthouse
    197
    HWT Erekson

    Missing a few weights, obviously. Wiltz can probably give a better estimation.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

    One, two, Evans is coming for you...

  9. #18

    Default Re: Early breakdown of the 2009-2010 Iowa Hawkeyes

    125 Ramos, Krutsinger, Trizzino

    133 Moore or Montell Marion

    141 McDonough

    149 Dylan Carew or Mark Ballweg

    157 Aaron Janssen

    165 Derek St John

    174 Jake Kerr or Ethan Lofthouse

    184 Gambrall

    197 Lofthouse or Ambrose

    Hwt Blake Raising or Jordan Johnson (Erekson will graduate with Metcalf)

    My best guess at this point
    Last edited by Wiltz; 05-20-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke 1984-2011




Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •