Daily Wrestling Workout for August 2
For Daily Wrestling Workout for August 2 and many other topics visit HSWrestling.net
?The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person?s determination.?
Stair Leaps ? 1 min
Plyo Lunges ? 1 min
Side to Side Lateral Jump ? 1 min
Plyo Jumps ? 1 min
Superset #1 (perform 3 cycles of the following exercises)
Superset #2 (perform 3 cycles of the following exercises)
- - Chair Squats ? 15 reps
- - Sliding Lunge ? 16 reps each leg
- - Front Lunge ? 8 each leg
- - Backward Lunge ? 8 each leg
- - Bent-Over Squat with leg lift ? 10 reps each leg
- - Walking Pushups ? 12 reps
- - Dips ? 16 reps
- - Back Extensions ? 16 reps
- - Pyramid Planks ? 3 times
- - Plank with Knee Bend ? 8 reps
To Perform Stair Leaps
- If you use a step, begin with the platform at it?s lowest level (progress by adding risers). Stand in front of the step, brace your abs, bend your knees and jump onto the step with both feet. Step down and repeat for 10 seconds to 1 minute.
- On a staircase, simply hop up the stairs, landing with both feet on each step. Each time you leap, brace your abs, bend your knees and use your arms to help you keep your balance.
- If you can?t land with both feet simultaneously, stagger your landing and work your way up to both feet.
To Perform Plyo Lunges
- Stand in a split stance, right leg in front and left leg in back. Bend knees into a lunge (front knee behind toe) and, in an explosive movement, jump up, switch legs in the air and land in a lunge with the left foot forward. Go as slow as you need to to keep your balance. Go faster, jump higher and/or lunge lower for more of a challenge.
To Perform Side to Side lateral Jumps
- Begin by placing a small object (such as a piece of tape) on the floor. Stand on one side of the object and bend your knees into a slight squat. In an explosive movement, jump over the object, landing with knees bent into a squat. Continue jumping from side to side for 10 seconds to one minute.
- As you get better at it, you can use larger objects (such as a small ball or a step). If you use a step, you can ease into this exercise by standing sideways to the step, jump on top of the step and then step down on the other side (it?s better not to jump off the step). Be VERY careful to use objects that won?t slide if you land on them! Start with an object you can easily clear when you jump.
To Perform Plyo Jumps
- Stand with feet together. Bend your knees into a squat and then jump up as high as you can. Land with knees bent (to protect your joints) and immediately go into a squat and repeat the squat/jump for 10 seconds to 1 minute. Raise your arms as you jump to add more intensity.
To Perform Walking Push-ups
- Begin in a pushup position with the left hand on a paper plate or band. Perform a pushup and, as you press up, walk the hands to the left until the right hand is on the paper plate. Continue pushups, alternating walking the hands to either side for a total of 10-12 reps (one rep includes walking to the right and left).
To Perform Sliding Lunges
- Place a paper plate under the left foot and slide the left leg back as you bend the right knee into a lunge. The back leg should be straight or slightly bent. Slowly slide the left foot back to start, pushing into the plate and repeat for 16 reps before switching sides.
To Perform Bent-Over Squat with Leg Lift
- Bend over with hands behind the back, abs engaged. Take the left leg out to the side, toe on the floor and bend the right knee into a squat. Straighten the right leg as you lift the left leg a few inches off the floor. Keep the hip, knee and foot in alignment and facing the front of the room. Repeat for 10-12 reps and switch sides.
To Perform Backextensions
- Lie face down on a mat and place the hands behind the head. Contract the abs and keep them contracted throughout the exercise. Squeeze the back to lift the chest a few inches off the floor. Lower and repeat for 16 reps.
To Perform Pyramid Planks
- Begin in a plank position on the forearms (back straight, neck in neutral alignment). Press the hips up toward the ceiling while staying on the forearms (like an upside ?v?) and gently press the heels to the floor. Hold briefly, then come back to your plank and push up onto the hands. Hold (back straight) for a few counts and then press back into a downward dog, stretching the heels to the floor and the chest gently through the arms. Come back into your plank, lower down to the elbows and repeat the entire series 3 times.
To Perform Planks with Knee Bends
- Begin in a plank position, on the hands and toes. Lift the left foot off the floor and bend the knee, pulling it in towards the chest. Your torso might bend a little as you bring the knee in. Cross the left foot over the right leg, hold briefly, then take left knee back to the chest. Bring the left foot back into your full plank and repeat on the other side. Repeat for 8 reps (1 rep includes a knee bend with both the right and left legs).
Tags for this Thread